Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ummmmm??

Sorry people, I havent felt all that inspired lately, hence all quiet on the OFMMum site!
Have had a very long weekend where my sole motherly duties rolled on and on as hubby worked saturday and went out all sunday.. obviously lady muck isn used to 7 days in a row alone LOL! So by monday felt incredibly tired and lets just say lifeless. This made me start to wonder why i had this rifeling feeling of guilt... Im a mum who loves being a mum yet felt like I was screaming inside for a hand.. just because I didnt "get a break" on the weekend. To me - in my thoughts - that sounds like a mum who doesnt want to do the work, like a mum who is being very selfish.
After much thought and some mental beating up I think its important to be honest with ourselves, allow the period of guilt to pass and just BE. Its ok to feel a little bit over it! It doesnt mean your contradicting your overall love and ideas, after all its only natural to feel challenged when you are with 1 or 2 same personalities continuously.. dont we get this way with friends and lovers at times, but it never means we dont love them, just that we need a moment to ourselves. This is ok isnt it?

This also made me think how important it is for us to grow in ourselves to be honest with yourself first and foremost. No one is perfect or can do it all. Until we admit our short comings and love or at least accept them how can we expect to be honest with those around us. Sometimes honesty is the hardest thing especially when its with yourself. Just remember being honest about you doesnt mean anything bad, or that there is going to be a negative outcome, but there is the danger of feeling just a little bit more comfortable in your skin! :)

If you adore your children and love being a stay at home mum, or even a working mum dont beat yourself up for feeling tired, aftreall entertaining,educating,playing,feeding well,cuddling,snuggling,makingbeds,doing dishes,washing,dusting,vaccuuming,mopping,organising dinner,bathing little people,running errands,weightloss,keeping up with friends,chatting to family and significant other, let alone trying to fit in a shower for your self is alot in ONE day for any person!!! A mother rested if only an hours quiet time a week is and better mother for life!!
xoxoxoxoxox

Also I had a birthday since my last post which definatley lifted my mood, as not only did my hubby take the day off i got spoilt rotten doing simple things I love like playing with the kids at the beach, and had my day nicely topped off with lots of lovely messages on my social networking page, where I feel Iam the most honest ME, it was so nice to see how many people really do like me for me! :')

No comments: